Thread: Thank you
View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 05:59 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default Thank you

Vicky sent a lovely picture for the SPIT video and she had immediately made a video that it looks like technically we can't use. Thank you Vicky. For a while, we weren't hearing from 23 and me and thought they might not like the ideas , etc. i almost gave up, but someone intervened and they are back and ready!

so now it's just the patients who are not contributing to this effort. i'm just being honest.

Debi set it up in the first place so MJFF has done their part. 23 and me is doing their part - lizzie had the flu. We can use old pictures flashed in videos for years, or we can make this innovative and the best it can be. We are no longer calling for videos. iF you don't want to be genetically analyzed you can still send a picture. You won't be identified, we have scenes where faces are needed to fade in and out, stuff like that. if you are spitting, just take a few pics of it....we have removed the make it funny request.

if you aren't participating, do you have the right reason behind the decision? please think about it very seriously. if it's apathy, or i'll do this tomorrow, tomorrow has arrived. we asked for different kinds of research, we have someone ready to take it on and pay for it.

now it is up to you - consider the goal - this is business, org and patient collaboration .......try to force yourself to do this....i can procrastinate forever and i do understand. but it weakens future complaints about not listening to patients.

i just want to mention too, that the genetic analysis is just the first part of this study. Critical to its long term success are the online surveys that we will be filling out. The research is conducted entirely online. It's bound to include alternative meds and treatment questions at some point....may already have ..this study does not separate the chemical from the psyche or behaviors.....

Mjff has two top priorities according to katie hood's panel discussion at PAN:

cognition
dyskinesia

they are the conditions that make us quit our jobs.

the ball is in your court and this video is going to bring people in...the better it is,,,,the farther it might go to help.

Send pics of spitting or pwp with families if you like to spit4pd@gmail.com

thanks for considering,
paula

"Time is not neutral for those who have pd or for those who will get it."

Last edited by paula_w; 04-04-2009 at 06:47 PM. Reason: oh just wanted to add that i just faked the spitting for the pictures...don't want to be gross
paula_w is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
dbiker2 (04-04-2009)