View Single Post
Old 04-04-2009, 06:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

yeah, I know how you're feeling.

I don't think he cares if the house is a jumble... and he certainly don't care enough to take care of it.

I have to say, he's failed the "nesting" concept, you know, bowls, cookers...

He does some cooking and it's the best.

And other things he does very well now, shopping at the Dollar General, dishwasher (in/out), folding most laundry and putting it away, going to the USPS for both of us (2 boxes). He's graduated.

And then.... well, he tries to get by as long as he can on most other stuff that he will do but procrastinates till I'm furious.

I have found writing things on a list is better for both of us.... if you can write well enough for him to read what you meant...

and besides, when he don't want to I don't want him to then. So we both end up setting in jumble.

It's our Palace. Rome wasn't built in a day, you know.

When you can, take a strike at it and walk away, It'll be there for you when you're able to take another strike at it. Even engage your feet if you can, to pick things up off the floor, separating clothes, move the laundry basket to another area.

And for a year or two... or four... five... I ran a copying machine with my feet. yelp, had that sucker in the floor.

I'm able enough to get to it a bite at a time, so it's looking better than it's looked in years, inside and out. It does help the mood some too. You just have to wear invisible blinders at times and go on with your day. Do the best you can. Hit the high spots if you can.

I did like the "Funny cleaning tips" from "DiMarie" Where can I get one of those? It's a cutie !!!

We grew closer but with lots of stress cracks !!!! use LOVE for glue

It'll all work out.

We're a work in progress...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lizbiz View Post
Thanks Broken Wings, I understand what you mean. Life can be tough on the other person in your life. I guess because they are the closest to you they are the one you lash out at first and hurt without realising what you're doing!! I know I lash out at my fiancé alot, especially when the pain is unbearable and he either asks me something stupid or does nothing around the house to help me out, cos he knows there are things I just can't do, and when I'm in the mess I am in right now he doesn't seem to do anything and that really infuriates me, so I lash out..big time!! Not physically (I wouldn't have the strength) but verbally, which I think can sometimes be worse. I say things I don't really mean and I say things to push him away, wanting him to leave me alone and walk...then I realise that's the last thing I want him to do..however, I have made him walk several times and been so scared that he won't come back. He's my rock and I'd be lost without him!!

Hugs,
Liz
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote