Thread: Thank you
View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:06 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default there is still time and we still need more PWP's ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindylanka View Post
Hi Paula,
Would have been happy to participate, but have not had any info from signup last month. Signed up again using same MJFF page and still nothing. Perhaps this is not for the rest of the world?? Even with the dropdown menu that sort of gives you hope that it would be...... I am not however criticising or being negative on this, getting the 10.000 in itself will be great, a big first, and you know my views on the rest of the world thing anyway, I just want ROTW to be at the table too............... for many good reasons...... you asked for reasons for not participating - that's mine, on the other hand perhaps there is a role for those who are not otherwise able to SPIT!

Best wishes with all endeavours, if there is anything I can do to help please PM

Lindy
Just a reminder...

Any PWP is invited to participate and the MJFF and Parkinson Institute outreach efforts were just the first wave. But the MJFF site will continue to be a conduit for getting involved. As folks sign up on our site, the requests are batched and then forwarded to 23andMe. So, you should hear from them within a week or so of signing up via the MJFF site. But, there will be additional opportunities to get a discount code in the coming weeks. Folks from 23andme will be in the MJFF booth at the Unity Walk. I think that NPF will be reaching out to others through their support group network. 23andMe is working with a few big MD clinics directly. So, additional efforts are underway to reach folks that aren't online and aren't in the know.

Thousands have signed up and spit is rolling in (hee hee) but thousands more are needed.

Thanks to everyone who has decided to participate.

Best, Debi
Debi Brooks is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote