View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 05:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hello everyone. I have used this site a little and wanted to introduce myself. I used hopeful as my user name because I refused to give up hope that someone will find a way to cure this disease. My CRSD started after a fall on the ice. I thought that my arm would hurt more if it was broken, so I did not get it checked. After 6 months a Dr. at work, I was a surgical RN, did a X-ray of my Left wrist. It was broken but healed. So I started to see him at his office. We tried to figure out why my arm was in so much pain, more than when it was broken. My arm did freeze up on me, so I had 3 different surgeries to get my movement back. Then my Dr. went on a convention about pain, to try and help me, that is where he heard of RSD. He was 98% sure that was what I had and sent me to a pain clinic. I was diagnosed with RSD in1998 about two and half years after this started. I went through most of the greiving period and now I am trying to do as much as I can. I do have many days that I still grieve my lost, however I have tried to look at the postive, and remember that there are many more people worst then me. Today was a really bad day of pain so I in my "pain room" so I have time to write this. I wanted to thank everyone who has posted on this site it has all ready help me. Hopeful
hopeful11 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
loretta (04-20-2009)