View Single Post
Old 04-05-2009, 08:47 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default New, old, retired & really tired! MG!

Mods, I'm copying this from my thread in "communities" Hope that is ok!

Hi all, a little history, am a retired veterinarian (goin' on 3 yrs), have been in Tn for that am't of time, & finally have found what has been stalking me for a very long time....fatigue syndrome never quite explained it all, but when I moved here from NJ in '06 I literally fell apart & landed in the ER twice with an excruciating headache & prostration; after morphine & sev'l weeks in bed, managed to get back up & resume living....however, no dx ever found for that one & proceeded to get weaker & weaker & developed severe exertional dypsnea (difficult, shortness of breath, one Dr claimed I was in heart failure, not so).... there is still no way to associate that illness (possibly viral?) with my eventual dx of MG (2wks ago); confirmed with a decremental EMG...AB results pending; because of the dypsnea time was spent on cardiac & pulmonary testing of which all was normal, (repeated the scenario that you all know too well for past 2 yrs)... now, in addition to the weakness & breathing problems, my jaws ache & feel weak, but I did not present with the classical facial & ocular signs which I'm sure impeded the final neuro evaluation....

After searching this & other forums, it is evident that symptomology varies greatly from person to person, but also from time to time in each of us with remissions...haven't yet been able to assess the effects of pyridostigmine br...taking the 180mg timespan twice a day, may be helping some.....(for some unknown reason, earlier, the administration of a long-acting steroid injection made me considerably worse within 48 hrs)....can only hope that something will eventually tone this down or result in a remission....I sure would give anything to get "back in that saddle", 3 horses & I can't ride yet, or work with my 2 dogs..(dobermans) the elder is an agility champ, but I cannot walk long enough to train the young one....

Sorry for the long post...takes much explanation, & I do realize that there are many of you out there who are in worse straits than I & a lot younger....I'm just trying hard not to give up....never was a quitter..

Dottie
korbi_doc is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Curious (04-06-2009)