View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 12:34 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules A View Post
They don't even ask about it for your employee physical exam? Here in MD they absolutely do and even have a list of ailments like HTN, diabetes etc. MS wasn't on that list but it clearly said to add any other chronic health condition or disease and that failing to disclose is grounds for termination.

Again I wouldn't even take a health exam until I had the offer in writing and surely wouldn't advise disclosing to a supervisor if MS isn't apparent. No matter what they say I don't believe any company is actively seeking out disabled employees unless maybe its someone with a disibility like hearing or vision where it isn't going to necessarily cost them money or be likely to get worse. Just my two cents though and everyone needs to do whatever is best for their situation.
Ah yes, the law and how to avoid it.

OK. Management/classroom training for Krispy Kreme taught me that in the interview we couldn't ask any health related questions.

A few years later and I'm a salesman for Pepsi. Although the question wasn't asked verbally, it did show up in the paperwork for application. At first I was hired to get my CDLs and drive the big rigs. I had to get a physical for that and disclosed everything to the doc including my MS. It turns out the doc took issue with the MS and me driving an 18 wheeler AND MS is on the list. Some of you know my complaints with doctors and I firmly told this cat, "I really need this job."

*As it turns out the plant where I worked needed more salesman than truck drivers so the biggest thing I drove was a pick up truck to service grocery stores.

The clinic and doc I went to were used by the company but not owned by it and as far as I know Pepsi didn't get to see the doc's report.

But that's just me.

Always outnumbered...
Never outgunned

*I* am the MonSter that MS fears
MooseasaurusRex is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AaHaA (04-06-2009), Jules A (04-06-2009), SallyC (04-06-2009)