View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 10:31 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks for your input, Jo! My TOS is a result of an auto accident; no extra rib. I have some other issues, too...lots of shoulder injuries that were repaired surgically, ruptured discs that I just had a fusion on this summer, and some instability in my clavicle at the sternoclavicular joint. There is always pain, just varying levels, and always numbness with varying levels.

I'll check out those links re: Sharon Butler. I've read the "spoons" story, and have used that analogy...typing that note yesterday used up my last spoon, and I spent the afternoon miserable and unable to do anything. Rest usually is the best way to bring pain levels down, for me. My physical therapist said I just need to adjust my thinking to what I can do, and not keep thinking I can continue to live life like before...I guess she's right. As you mentioned!

I wondered, too, like you mentioned, whether continually firing the nerves could bring on the RSD...which is what Dr. Centeno seems to think. He's told me to not let the pain become unmanageable if I can help it...I guess that I'd better be more careful.

Thanks again for the links! Today's the day we were going to make gingerbread houses with my daughters and their friends, but both the other families are sick so we're on our own...my daughters really want me to make one, too! We'll see...we'll probably have to make mine a joint effort!

Donna
Donna7 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote