View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 08:17 AM
Elder

15 yr Member
Elder

15 yr Member

When I worked, I had a rotating shift, so I had some weekends off, and some weekdays, but I was on second shift mostly, so I had my day times free to shop, or play or go to appointments.

Once I started getting sick I HATED having the weekends off. Everyone wanted to invite me everywhere, to do everything, and I was just tired. If I had a weekday off, most others were working, and would let me veg out, and be a couch potato.

Now that I am fully retired i HATE using the stores, or facing the crowds that congregate in the city places on the weekends. its like every motherless child there is wanders the stores on the weekend. If you go to see a new video game display, you have to wade through kids to do it. You wait in line at the check out, and forget the grocery store, you have to be plain crazy to shop on a weekend. During the week days, the stores are almost vacant, the kids are in school, dads are at work, moms are at work, or at home. Now we sit at home on the weekends, and hope for them to pass quickly so we can get back to some peaceful activities.

once monday rolls around we breathe a sigh of relief, and are happy to leave the house again. TV returns to better shows (although I like fox sunday).

After working 2nd shift I would grocery shop at 2am when the place was deserted. In my 20s I could deal with crowds. with MS, forgettaboutit. not happening.

Betaseron 5/18/07

Elevated LFTs Beta DC 7/07
Copaxone 8/7/07

Dejibo is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
ali12 (04-06-2009), Kitty (04-06-2009), SallyC (04-06-2009)