View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 09:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LinJane View Post
I have had TOS for 10 years. I have had the rib resection and scalanectomy. I was actually pain free for about 5 years, actually had a baby in that time. Due to stress, pain came back and Dr. S diagnosed me with RSD. He said I need the 10 day infusions. I am scheduled for the beginning of September and am very afraid. I have been reading all I can on this and other sites and don't know what to do. I am 45, have 4 children and have not heard anything positive. I don't want to live on pain meds forever but am trying to research my options. Lordwood, I appreciate your insite. I would love to hear more of any information about his studies. I am in pain constantantly and it's hard to convey to others. No one seems to understand how everything can hurt all the time. Any information would be great. Thanks, Linda
Hey Linda,

I did the 10 day 4 hour infusions about a year ago. I wasn't one of the lucky people that got relief from my pain. On the third day I had a reaction the Ketamine was stopped for about 30 min. On the 4th day I completed the 4 hours and Dr. S decided to stop the treatment all together. It wasn't helping my pain level had not improved. They give you versed (spelling ?) to help with the side effects of the ketamine. I had my mp3 player on and the worst part was how real the dreams seemed. You may have experience that feeling from some of the meds you have tried.
It is hard for others to understand how bad our pain it. They love us and know we hurt but there is nothing they can do. There is good information on the RSDS.org website that may help them understand.
Take care
Sherrie
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote