View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 03:26 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Cool Tired and Sleepy

Thanks for this write up and all the ones above. I probably had MG for years thinking I was just getting old. I was not as stable as I should be and my breathing was getting to be more of a problem each year. The doctors kept giving me EKGs and chest X-rays and they always came out good.

One morning I woke up with double vision and finally could not hold one eye open. Then the problem switched to the other eye. Went to the Eye Foundation in Birmingham, AL, they tested and concluded MG and gave me Mestinon (Pyridostigmine) 40mg three times a day and it barely worked; then he added Prednisone (5mg). (Pyridostigmine) and it worked very well.

The reason I am writing, I seem to have lower track stomach problems which causes my intestines to make a LOT of noise. Then my legs cramp a lot. My breathing is still slowly getting worse and I get tired and sleepy. DO YOU HAVE THESE SAME PROBLEMS? IF SO, WHAT DID YOU DO AS FAR AS INCREASING OR DECREASING MEDICINES ? I take my medicine with meals.

I am now with a local Neuro who handles MG. My doctor says SLOW and steady and that all cases are different.

SixMile
SixMile is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote