View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 11:18 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Anna,
I haven't met you on here but I just wanted to say hi to you and I do want to respond to this.

I fight with my Insurance company every 6 months to pay for my Prevacid and every 12 months to pay for my Methadone. I have gotten help from our Govenor and this time Chaney helped me get it. The Governor's office called me yesterday and they are trying to help me from dealing with this every time I need a prior authorization which went into affect in our state in 2000.

Offices are changeing in January and the legislation meets here in Denver in January so I am going up to speak to get rid of the prior authorization law. We have fought it now for 3 years but we are hoping the new elected officials will do something about it this time. I'm also waiting for an email to see what else is being fought for this time.

I'm telling you this because we need people to fight back about these insurances and other issues against the elderly and disabled if only by phone and emai. The Colorado Cross Coalition for the Disabled have asked me to go up there for 3 years. This year I'm going if I have to crawl.

I do know what all of you are going through except WC people and when I hear their stories it reall Pi***s me off. I have a freind that had his arm ripped off and his insides ripped out about 3 years ago and his lawyer called him up and told him not to go hunting this year because they were taking pictures of him. How crazy are those people. I think people need to fight for different WC laws.

Sorry, when I get started on this subject it really gets my goat. 3 months before Bill died Medicare would not get him a scooter.

I see a lot of post on insurance problems here and I feel bad for all of the people here who go through this crap.

Get in touch with your Governors, President, Vice President, Senators, State Reps and anyone else who you can go at. They all have email addresses and you will get responses. I urge all of you to do this.

Ada
dreambeliever128 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote