View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 01:15 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

That is awesome that Langon is walking.
About the bed ... i do not have much o offer, but recently I bought a bed to put in Ava's room as I got tired of the air mattress. I sleep in her room around the times of those horrible SE episode. Anyway, I just put a boxspring and mattress on the floor ... intentionally to keep it low. Eventurally this will be her big girl bed.

Things are ok here. Ava had another status episode earlier this month. Quite a yucky site. This one genralized a lot faster than the others had. very tonic and eyes rolling p ( a first for her). Diastat worked beutifully but PI was longer than usual.

In the process of putting together a home program for Ava. We got approved for an aid to come in and do carry over therapy. Ava will be getting around 30 hours a week of therapy between myself, the aid, the PT, OT, DT, SLP and riding. Excited about this. Hoping all of this will keep her progressing and prevent too much regression. ( her last aEEG was almost continuous both day and night).

Other than that things are going well. Ava is having an awesome day today. Her walking has improved a lot. Oh by the by .... last spring brought up AFO issues we were having where Ava really struggled having it on. As it turned out, the AFO was misaligned and not fitted properly. We went to a different orthotist who fixed the AFO and since Ava has been walking well with it on and keeps it on most of the time. We also found these awesome orthopedic sandals from Russia or Poland I think. They have all sorts of great shoes. I will post the link later. They are pricy but worth it.

Hope everyone else is doing well and i do hope everyone from BT finds their way to BT II
jjbeck is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote