Thread: CRPS or TOS?
View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 04:55 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default RSD vs. TOS

Hi there!!!
My name is Jennelle and I am a person with RSD and also am a Registered Nurse. I can tell you what the best DR. I have found told me so far about RSD/CRPS....pretty much every question anyone asked about the condition can be true: it can come and go, it can be hypersensitive some days and not others, it can spread to other limbs-even your face. It took the drs. awhile to finally say I had RSD, I think everyone was thinking it but didn't want to be the one to give me the dreaded diagnosis.... they finally settled on it when I got my fist nerve block and the temperature in my hand/arm went back to normal along with the color. Maybe you could try a block and see what your results are.... if it is RSD:reflex sympathetic dystrophy.... then your sympathetic nerve is the culprit and will probably respond in some way to a nerve block... I hope you get some answers... by the way what is TOS? I have heard the term twice and don't yet know what it stands for. I didn't know what RSD was until I got it either though...even being a nurse (I work in pediatrics) and I hadn't seen it in practice. Hope you find some answers! Forgot to mention some other ways to know the difference: vascular study (I just had one) where they use ultrasound to see what your vessels are doing in different positions, and a bone scan may show changes in bone and vessels I had a 3 phase one done (although mine showed PROBABLE RSD, that just meant that it showed some signs but not a definitavley because in 1/3rd of people it won't show for sure. Unfortunatley, RSD/CRPS is hard to diagnose and no one really wants to say for sure that is what you have because there is no real cure.
Jennelle
Jennelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote