View Single Post
Old 04-06-2009, 10:44 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi, mm80. I hate to be so vague but it all depends! I'm assuming you have MG. Is your MG worse lately? Do you know what your "normal" MIP (inhaling) and MEP (exhaling) are?

I have been that low, and lower, and have been able to "rest" my way out of it. I have also been that low and ended up in a crisis a couple days later. If you are not feeling well or weaker, you need to rest as much as possible.

None of us can tell you what to do, med-wise. That's between you and your neuro.

46% is fairly low but not yet dangerously low (i.e., 22%). You have to go by how you feel too. Are you having more breathing problems? More swallowing problems? Generalized weakness?

My pulmonologist will usually do an arterial blood gas if my breathing tests get that low. And depending upon your situation, your neuro may tell you to rest or up Mestinon or some other drug you are on or add something! Again, it all depends.

Do you see or talk to your neuro soon?

MG is different for everyone, as I'm sure you know. So hang in there and wait to talk to your neuro. If you get worse or think you need help before then, go into urgent care or the ER. But try not to worry, okay? I hope you will be okay.

Annie
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote