View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 05:37 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default SI Joint Surgery Questions

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJZH View Post
Sally,

I would not be so quick to allow removal of the hardware...I had a screw removed and it did not do much for the pain...I just had injections done yesterday...I think the injections do more for the pain than hardware removal...JMO>...
JMO,
I read about you going to Dr. Donnor in Loveland, CO. One question on the MANY that I have as I am considering ther surgery is did you have to fly home? I would have to take a flight and cannot figure out how to not put any weight on the area as I try to get home. Also, how long was the recovery? I have such a similar case as yours and have been considering the
spinal cord stimulator instead of the surgery. One reason is because I have been diagnosed with so many things that I am not sure that the surgery for my SI joint will even help. I do have pelvic pain from my pelvis being tilted forward and my hip is raised up on the right making my right leg shorter. Does the Dr. set your joint before placing the screws in place? Also, I think that they will have to use bone to graft my joint instead of just placing the screws. Did you just have the screws to keep your si joint from moving? I
know that everyone is different, but when I read your info. I was taken back
like wow that is me. I have had disk surgery, been told that I have DDD, and facet arthritist. All along I kept saying well that may be true but the pain seems to be coming from my SI joint moving. It feels like it rides up on my L5 SI nerve in the spine and causes unbelivable 10 plus pain. I really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. Not sure if I can face this big of a surgery after everything else that I have been through, but since I have very little quality of life it might be worth a try. One last question.... did the SCS help with your SI Joint Pain? Thanks!

Praying for Answers, Nicki
nicki is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote