View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 07:26 AM
Legendary

15 yr Member
Legendary

15 yr Member

Hi all! I just saw this thread and wanted to chime in. I went to the Osteoporosis/Bone disease clinic at the Univ of Iowa in March and they did many tests on me including a Vit D study. It turned out that I was extremely low on my Vit D, even though I took it as a supplement and received some from my multi vit.

The bone spec told me that many women are vit D low and it can cause all kinds of sx's from bone/muscle pain to a gamut of other sx's. She put me on Ergocalciterol, which is a prescription RX. It's a tiny green gel pill w/50,000 iu's of D and I take one pill ONCE a wk for 12 wks, then one pill every other wk. I will see her then and have the study redone. I couldn't believe my levels were that low. She said it is not uncommon for women to have low D, esp coming off the winter that we just had.

Just thought it was very interesting and she really took her time explaining things to me. She also kept me on my Boniva IV inj's every 3 months. Now, if Spring would just be more consistent, I'd be able to get out more and get some natural D.

Last edited by DM; 04-07-2009 at 03:08 PM.
DM is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mistiis (04-07-2009)