Thread: dentist insults
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 10:12 AM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi NAM,

Jon has had her dental treatment done in a dental school which is very different than seeing a private practitioner. She has been tossed from one student to another in spite of her protests. Unfortunately, things go on in dental schools that outsiders no nothing about. Most private dentists are aware of this and they generally try to discourage a patient from seeking treatment at one of them. But sometimes a patient has certain circumstances that prohibit them from seeking private care so they seek it at the dental school.

I just want to point out that your case is very different than Jon's. Yes, you both were given "questionable" dental care but both of you received different dental procedures. As I stated in my post to her...... I personally know of hundreds of patients who have undergone similar procedures to hers and have not experienced anything like she has.

Seems like the one thing you both have in common is seeking someone legitimately reputable!!

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAM1 View Post
Hi Jon
I can so sympathize w/what you are going thru. Thru personal experience, I have found that a medically challenged patient can become labeled "difficult" when a provider can not properly perform dental wk.
While I can not offer dental advice per se, I can offer these suggestions:
Be the Squeaky Wheel. Don't just go away (as many people do). You have the right tb treated like a human being, regardless of circumstances. Be persistent abt that.
Be clear abt what results you want to have happen.
If you have one in your area, you might consider filing a complaint w/the local Board of Dental Examiners. No guarantees, but it can't hurt to try.
Keep plugging.
I have learned from your post I very likely do not want post implanted dentures or dentures at all. Perhaps you can get something from my post, too...fair warning, it is now @ 5 pgs!
(Thank goodness for Bryanna!)
Hope things wk out for you.
NAM1
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote