View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 01:27 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default What to expect 3 months out PCS

Here is my story...I had my first ever seizure just before Christmas. I was taken to the ER and while waiting for the results of my CT scan, I had another seizure. The railing on my bed was not up at the time and while I was seizing, I fell out of bed onto the floor. I ended up with a broken nose, deviated septum and a huge goose egg over my right eye. I was in the hospital for 1-1/2 days. Can't remember hardly anything from entering the ER to dismissal from the hospital. It felt like my brain was "sleeping" for the first month. No real problems. Then, in February, I couldn't work-out without becoming extremely fatigued, had problems with short term memory recall, word recall, over stimulation, etc. This has continued as I am still having these issues. I saw my family physician who said I was suffering from major depression because of a change in my health (seizures). She increased my antidepressants and told me I would feel better in 2 weeks. Well, it has been two weeks and no difference. I saw my neurologist last night and she is going to switch my meds to see if that helps with the fatigue and irritability. She also told me that post-concussion symptoms can last up to 6 months. I have a headache every day, especially above my right eye. There is actually a goose egg still there. No one ever addressed the head injury before. I was never told what to expect or some of the symptoms to be looking for. After reading some of the posts and how long people have had symptoms, I guess I shouldn't whine. I saw a neuro psych person this morning who said I am going through a grieving process right now. I am just worried that I am going to stay this person that I don't necessarily like. I have no emotion. It's like I am just "there". I would love to hear from anyone who has had similar issues.
sheds is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-07-2009), pono (04-07-2009)