Thread: spreading
View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 02:06 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

It really stinks when those tingly feelings start to spread.

My feet feel like that, too - but I try to walk. A lot. The swelling seems to stay on the tops of my feet most of the time (my sneakers usually feel like they are too tight, even though I tie them loosely) so when I sit down I take them off. But I just try to keep moving. I also have a lot to do - I work, have a house to clean, 2 kids, a dog, etc. It helps to stay busy. Do you have a yard that you can work in? One of my arms hardly works at all, but I can use my other arm to do things so that's what I try to do (it's a VERY clumsy, slow process!..)

Others on this board can perhaps help you with the SSDI and SSI matters. Its so complicated. Recently I read that it seems you can make out better on your own these days than when an attorney is representing you.

Also - Maybe your meds can to be tweaked - I take Cymbalta. It helps with the nerve pain, but its also an antidepressant. I still have some bad days, when I feel sad and depressed and miserable, but fewer than I used to have. RSD can make you feel so lonely and isolated because almost no one knows anything about it, and it seems like so few people want to help you get better (for instance - my PM doc quit a few weeks ago - by writing me a letter!! - "due to circumstances beyond his control." That's it. No other explanation! *sshole!!)

One last thing - do you have a dog? I rescued a little mutt from the pound 2 years ago. He is so loyal and sweet. It's one of the best things I ever did.

Take care and keep in touch, Sandy
SandyRI is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
DianaA (04-08-2009), loretta (04-12-2009)