View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 03:54 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, I take Arimidex. I'm surprised you feel better. Arimidex stops the formation of estrogen in post menopausal women.

I thought estrogen was supposed to be protective and helpful for Parkinson's and Arimidex helps wipe it out.

I've been taking it for four and a half years. FYI "Joint pain from taking an aromatase inhibitor can be troubling. But a 2008 British study suggests that women who experienced joint pain while taking hormonal therapy medicine were less likely to have the breast cancer come back (recur). Knowing that this side effect might indicate a reduced risk of the cancer coming back may help some people stick with treatment despite the side effects."

http://www.breastcancer.org/treatmen...se_inhibitors/

I have a lot of joint pain and was blaming it on a statin. I stopped the statin for two months and no improvement. It may be from the Arimidex. That may NOT be a bad thing! (OR it just may be worsening arthritis.)

Thank god for my NSAID etodolac, a generic drug, that favors inhibiting COX-2, more than COX-1. Fantastic for osteoarthritis and other aches and pains. I take 500 mg twice a day, with misoprostol to protect my stomach.

There are only three colors, 10 digits, and seven notes; it's what we do with them that's important.
~John Rohn
ZucchiniFlower is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote