View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 04:07 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by shogan7RSD View Post
Hi all!
I'm Sarah and I'm addicted to pain killers as well as other things. I am currently in recovery and my pain management doc knows about my chemical dependency problems. He only gives me Lyrica (granted its 100mg 4x daily) and just started me on Zanaflex( 4mg 3x daily) for my RSD. They both help the pain, but I was wondering if anyone has any solutions that aren't narcotics.
I also am a cutter and find it easy to control my pain when all I have to do is smash my arm on something. I'm on meds for my depression and haven't hurt myself for a few months (on purpose).
Anyone else in a similar position?
Anyone just want to talk about this?

Appreciate you reading my thread!!!
Have a blessed day!
Sarah
Hello Sarah,

Please follow the advice to check some of the other forums. There are a lot of wonderful people on here with good advice. It helps to talk with people.

I have full body RSD. I go to the YMCA 2 sometimes 3 times a week. The exercise is good for you and you are weightless in the water so it doesn't hurt. Y's have financial assistance availiable to those who need help.

God has been my biggest supporter through all of this. I ask him for strength and energy to make it through the day and peace of mind so I can sleep at night. He has NEVER failed to meet my needs. My doctors are amazed at how well I manage with full body RSD it also effects my heart and lungs. I tell them I would be worse if it were not for my God. I went through a suicidal stage. As I walked toward the garage to start the car and take my life. The holy spirit intervened and I stopped and fell to my knees and prayed for help. I let go of my burden of sickness and gave it to the King of Kings and Lord of Lords. The book of Proverbs 3 vs. 5-7 Trust in the Lord with all thine heart and lean not unto mine own understanding. In all they ways acknowledge him and he shall direct thy paths. Be not wise in thine own eyes fear the LORD and depart from evil.
The only good thing that has come from this terrible condition is my personal reationship with God has gotten better.
Feel free to send me a personal message and we can talk.
God is free and only a prayer away!!
I wish you the best of luck and may God bless you!!
Take care,
Sherrie
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
shogan7RSD (04-15-2009)