View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 04:13 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi, and WELCOME

It's okay to whine, but that's not really whinning. You have reason to be very concerned.

First, not to cause any alarm, but if you've not already taken a picture, I hope you can still take a photo of the "goose egg" or any brusing you may have that you think is related to your fall. That needed to have been documented also by the ER records.

You may want to start a journal of things regarding your seizure episodes and this accident in the ER, your pain, your memory of that whole day, as best you can recall on that date. You can add comments as you remember. date them too.

Write down your appointments so you don't miss them. It's easy to forget if you're distracted and hurt.

Write down your meds you need to take and when you take them so you won't forget or if you get into another seizure situation it may help your situation to know what you've been taking. Note any other info you feel necessary in that situation. Let family, neighbors know where this info is kept.

If you think you need someone to help you because you're not capable mentally at this moment, ask a trusting person you know for their oversight. I would see to my friend if they had a head injury to deal with.

Write down who you talk to about medical records or anything concerning your seizures and the fall, like date, time, whomever you speak with, ask for their name and write it down. what they said put in " "s. You may need it to jog your memory later, and theirs.

Not a good thing to be in there for seizures and not have bed rails UP. No excuses for it, please.

I think you should get your actual original or copy of the CT films you had just underwent before this fall to the floor. You can call ahead to find out the process so you won't waste a trip. And get your CT report also. Sometimes they offer those on DVDs or CDs. There may be a fee where you're at. Ask about that, though. If you're able, go in. There's two purposes for this. One, it is PRE the accident. You may want to consider a POST accident CT to compare before and after if your complaints persists. Two, you need them to investigate your seizures. It sounds like you have seizures and whatever diagnosis from the injuries from the fall.

At a later date -- give them time to complete the file, sign off on the file, then get a copy of your medical records.

You do get fatigued easily with concussion. Find a doctor who will address the injuries and treat accordingly. Head injuries are challenging.

Stick around and check out the Traumatic Brain Injury forum here at NT. I'm sure they'll have lots of help for you.

Take care and get some rest.

It will take time.
(Broken Wings) is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote