View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 04:23 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kathy d View Post
Hi All,
I know I don't post alot (cause my hands hurt so much and it is painful for me to sit up typing) but I do try to read every few days or so to keep up-to-date. I laugh when you laugh and cry when you all cry.

I see there is some mentioning of chiropractic treatments here. I have had my full-body rsd (and Fibro) for over four years now and have used a chiropractor for two years of it and see a huge improvement in pain and function. However, the insurance co does not see any improvements and is cancelling my care. Now, I have to go to court and represent myself because I want to continue it. I've been told that chiropractics and RSD don't go together and I am lucky I received it for as long as I did...yet it helps me so much. I see a great chiropractor who doesn't do the "crack you and your out the door" thing. She does many different types of fascia work and PT with me. She has enabled me to walk again. How does everyone feel about chiropractics and any ideas on how I can keep continuing to use it in my future and get workers comp to pay for it. I went six months without it and I've gone down the tubes. I appreciate all your help.

I have to let you all know that when I have a terrible day and no one seems to understand I check out this site and most of the time I find someone who feels as though I do and then some. Thanks for all your help with this daily battle of RSD. You all are the best and I pray for your healing.
Take care,
kathy d
Hello Kathy,

I would be strung out on meds if it were not for my chiropractor. He DX me and has been treating me for 8 years. I got very lucky and bought an insurance that he offered I pay 217.00 per month. It covers a family of 4 and all the treatments and x-rays that are needed. This plan was a blessing from God.
I have full body RSD it has effected my lungs and heart. I see my chiropractor 3 days a week and sometimes 5 if I am flaired (he no longer offers the insurance) I went to Philly to see an RSD research doctor. He said chiropractic care is the best things I can do for myself. He is an activator chiropractor he uses a small spring loaded instrument to adjust my spine. I am too tender for him to use his hands. His adjustments really help with the chronic fatige.
It works for me and I am glad I found my DC.
Take care,
Sherrie
SBOWLING is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
AintSoBad (07-04-2012), suz66 (07-05-2012)