View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 06:50 PM
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
In Remembrance

15 yr Member
Default I can only speculate of course...

...but if, indeed, we are dealing with a fatigued system from years of see-sawing between inflammation and natural steroids, then it is easy to believe that the initial effect of the concentrated "store-bought" steroids overwhelmed everything else for a few days until the system collapsed into extreme fatigue. In my own recent bout with mega-stress, there were two occasions when I found myself curled up on the floor too weak to crawl.

Anybody know about "adrenal fatigue"? I've just heard the term but it might shed some light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnT2 View Post
I just came off a five day, 50milligram per day regimen of Prednisone to combat an out-of-control eczema situation. At first I felt wonderful; I walked better, had tons of energy, and an ambitious outlook on life. However, on the fourth day, before I had finished the doses, I started to have trouble with my gait. The three days after the final dose, I experienced trouble walking and a fatigue without peer. I still don't feel great, and it has been five days since the last dose. By the way, the doctor said I did not have to titrate down slowly because five days is too short a period of time to demand that.

Any others have this experience?

Ann
Currently (2011) taking 200/50 Sinemet CR 8 times a day + 10/100 Sinemet 3 times a day. Functional 90% of waking day but fragile. Failure at exercise but still trying. Constantly experimenting. Beta blocker and ACE inhibitor at present. Currently (01/2013) taking ldopa/carbadopa 200/50 CR six times a day + 10/100 form 3 times daily. Functional 90% of day. Update 04/2013: L/C 200/50 8x; Beta Blocker; ACE Inhib; Ginger; Turmeric; Creatine; Magnesium; Potassium. Doing well.
reverett123 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote