View Single Post
Old 04-07-2009, 10:57 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Tramadol does increase PN symptoms....

IF.... your PN underlying cause was heavy alcohol use. It appears that, for me, tramadol was the reason my PN symptoms worsened. I had stopped all alcohol use last year because I was aware that it could be the reason for my PN (24 years of heavy drinking). I was showing less and less symptoms of PN, and was improving. It became apparent that alcohol use was the underlying cause. I was feeling great. Some time later, I started using tramadol for arthritis and muscle pain (66 years old and remodeling my home) and over a period of time the PN symptoms started returning, tingling, burning, et. al. It all became very much worse. I did not put the two things together...... then. Over a period of time, PN symptoms increased to the point that I began to have to use neurontin for pain, also WITH tramadol. Three days ago, I stopped using tramadol (I was using 300 mg per day) and ALL tingling and burning stopped within 24 hours. It remains so until now and getting better. I stopped neurontin yesterday and no pain whatsoever. All symptoms stopped. Tramadol and alcohol must trigger the same symptoms of PN for me, maybe for all alcohol users with PN. I don't know. I am telling you what happened to me. I feel great. I felt I had to tell you in case this might help PN suffers with alcohol abuse as the underlying cause. Tramadol will not help those type PN sufferers. I will keep you posted. T. Bear
chubcobear is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote