View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 12:14 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

mrsD, The rock cress is Aubrietia. I love it. Another thing I saw there at Home Depot was a new variety of Curly Willow (Tree). It has a darker stem. I grow it myself (I dont let it get very big) to cut and use at flower shop in arrangements. Its very wispy. It added style to my work. I love using branches of unusual color and shape. I use red dogwood, birch, bamboo and regular willow. Of course all of it when all the leaves have fallen off. Im a regular ditch diver, as they call me at work. Sometimes the best finds, like kitty willow, and wild pampass grass is on the other side of a ditch as far as access to it. LOL I even climb trees to get a good truck full of curly willow. I especially love my job this time of year with all the spring flowers that are so abundant. We just got a load of the most fragrant stock in a varitey of colors (purple being my fav) and really tall larkspur also in a nice variety of colors. Tulips, iris, daffs and of course ornamental lilies. We have a large greenhouse that we grow our own callas (white) and fresia. Its just nice to use color. We go from xmas (red, green, white) to Val Day (Red again) to spring. Makes you creative!! Happy Easter! I had to put kitty willow because it bleeped out the word that starts with a P. If you think aboout it youll get it!!LOL What ever!

Last edited by cindyd; 04-08-2009 at 12:18 AM. Reason: Bleeped
cindyd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Twinkletoes (04-08-2009)