View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 07:00 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthanded View Post
I use medical marijuana for symptoms of my Crohn's disease and my neuropathy. I get mine from a co-op, and that saves me $60-80 an ounce. Yes it is expensive, but it is nearly immediate in relief, does not produce the terrible side effects (even helps some of them) and is often the only way I can be physically active. ...... I have flown with cookies twice now . . . I just package them as if for a party with wrapping and bows and carry them onboard!
It would be nice if personal use quanitites were no longer criminal so we could travel with our meds and not take any heat for it. . . .
I would love to eventually grow it myself. I belong to a co-op and as soon as the new grower to patient ratio is rewritten here in Canada will be getting my MM real cheap, from the grower. One place I go sells for $10 a gram and the other place $9 and for 1 week once a month MMAR holders (fully legal) get 1/2 ounce for $110 from the first place. In October MMAR exemptees will be able to sign up for $130 ounces.

There are cases here where insurance companies have paid for MM, either being forced by courts or because, for them, it was cheaper than other less effective meds for their clients. A win-win situation.

For some reason I don`t seem to get off on ingesting it via cookies etc like I did when younger, although it`s suppose to increase the potency by 5 times by going through the liver. It`s amazing the wide variety of subtle effects various strains are known for.

Food is a discrete way to medicate in public, just be careful with stuff like cookies in situations where not sharing (like with the wide eyed kid staring at you) might be seen as anti-social, insensitive, or downright greedy...... And don`t share with the pilot.

In Canada you can discretely carry your limit on you (mine is 90 grams), say if you don`t want it stolen from home.
Lethe is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote