View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 09:30 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default Your Welcome.

Morning Sixmile,

I'm glad you called your neuro right away, and got the info on cutting down the Mestinon. It gets so confusing sometimes as to if you need more or less, doesn't it?

You know, alot of times we think this comes on quickly, but then a while after you get the dx you can look back and see where it has been there a long time. I kept thinking I was just out of shape and needed to exercise my legs more so I started riding a stationary bike, amoung other exercises.

Of course, that just made things worse and worse and maybe that's what led to my "sudden" drop. I now can look back over at least 20 years and see the mild symptoms were there way back then.

Good luck with your treatments and just keep in mind that even with alternation, you're still using muscles whether it's yard work, eyes , fingers, or whatever and that is using your receptors up. Mine will go from my legs to my arms, then my eyes, then the breathing if I'm not careful. We are all different, but certain things are true with all of us - sometimes you need to just VEG OUT to let your body catch up with itself.

Take care of yourself - you'll get this under control, I'm sure!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixMile View Post
Called my new neuro and he said the same as you. So I will cut back on my Mestinon.

I found out that resting between work really helps so I do hard work (Yard) then use computer etc. for a while then back and forth. Have not had any problems driving so far.

I can't get over the fact that it started so long ago and I did not notice thinking it was normal.

SixMile

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~