View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 01:43 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Default welcome Emil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rydellen View Post
I have also read about prolotherapy and I am intrieged!

I wrote a lot here but please try to follow.

It sounds so logical with starting a new inflammation to get the body to start up a new healing process. I believe that people that tells ous about it, is the people that it worked on. Would also be nice to hear from someone that it didnt work on..

To me there is one thing that makes me think that prolotherapy will not help with PCS. I will get to that soon.

I strongly believe this treatment could work for muscular, ligament problems etc. There is some evidence of this.
Neck-pain and tension is a problem often accompanied when you have PCS.

A "stressed/overworked/overflowed" but normal brain reacts with straining your muscles which normally gets you headaches.
A PCS-brain can handle less stress/information and is therefor more likely to react with tension and neckproblems etc. Which is a common problem among PCS-people

This CAN be a circular-effect that makes the whole picture of symptoms worse than they need to be. The stressed brain get you tensions, and the tensions itselves worsen the PCS-symptoms. And on it goes.

I believe the prolotherapy might help with the MUSCULAR-caused headache, but not the PCS-caused headache that normally comes when you have done to much/overworked it/overexercise.

IF I am wrong and the prolotherapy really gets rid of the PCS-caused headache also, that might not be as good as it sounds.

The symptoms you have is what lets you know what is ok and what is not.
For me I navigate my activity-level with the headache. If I have more headache one day I know that I have done too much the day before or DAYS before.

If I wouldnt feel that border anymore, chances are that I would over-do it in a non-health way for my brain, and therefor slow down the healing process!?

You guys follow? Im not chopping down the effects of the prolotherapy but rather giving you another aspect of what might be the case.

If the prolotherapy helps with the muscular-tension I dont see why it would be bad however. It might at least leave you with JUST the PCS-caused headache which might be milder.

Emil from Sweden
welcome Emil my nice just had a baby swede her guy is from there, they called him Kyuss is that a Swedish name
vini is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote