View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 03:05 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Hi Mark,

Thanks for offering such good info to shezbut. It is so important to know the side effects of the meds that we take. It is also wise to be aware of what our illnesses can lead to if we allow them to continue.

I also agree 100% on easing up on the fluoride. I neglected to mention to shezbut that overuse of fluoride can actually damage the enamel on the teeth. So good point!!

I wanted to make mention to you about the lactose intolerance issue you wrote about. Did you test positive for this through blood or stool testing? If not, then you may not have lactose intolerance. You may have a microbial imbalance in your gut that needs some replenishment of good bacteria. This is taken in pill form and is called a prebiotic and a probiotic. The prebiotic which is generally a strain of bacteria called Saccharomyces Boulardii is taken to prepare the intestinal wall to accept the probiotic. The probiotics that I have personal and professional experience with are 1) Culturelle or 2) Enzymatic Therapy Pearls. When the intestinal flora is replenished with good bacteria and kept that way indefinitely, it is amazing how much healthier we are! I would suggest to you and others reading this to do a google search on the health benefits of supplementing with a pre and probiotic.

Bryanna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark in Idaho View Post
Shez,

I would take all of your prescriptions including the PreviDent, into the pharmacist and have him check for any interactions. You take quite a load of drugs.

Do you suffer from anxiety and OCD?

I would be more concerned about your GERD. That can lead to esophageal cancer. Your teeth can be replaced, your esophagus can not.

I would lighten up on the fluoride. It may be a problem for you. It can in some situations form hydrofluoric acid. That will eat your teeth away. BTW, I have very little enamel on my teeth to the point that they are translucent. Not been a big problem for me.

I hope your prescribing doctor is a psychiatrist who talks with your neurologist. Most MDs tend to not understand the interactions. Buspar and phenobarbital are not good to mix. Zonisamide and phenobarb also have a caution about mixing.

I was on Dilantin (Phenytoin) and phenobarb years ago. Now, I just take Neurontin. Dilantin is wicked on gums.

Have you ever been seen by a chiropractor to check your back to see if you have a nerve problem causing your GERD? How about lactose intolerance? My lactose intolerance was burning up my esophagus and up into Eustachian tubes (they go up to the ear canal). Once I figured it out, my GERD went away. The MD just wanted to put me on acid reducers. Occasionally, my back acts up and my GERD comes back until I get my back healthy again.

I tried Lactade capsules but they did not help. I drink only lactose reduced milk.
Bryanna is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote