View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 07:52 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi MrsD,

Thank you for your reply. I am a 28yr old female. I have regular check ups and have never had high blood pressure. I believe the last 2 blood pressure readings I had were 120/75 and 111/65.

When I went to my new PCP she ordered the blood work because I was taking Topamax and needed my co2 level checked. I was getting horrible tingling in my feet, hands, nose, lips. Apparently, this is because of the Topamax and the effect it has on co2 levels. I was taking Topamax (or dopamax as I like to call it) for migraines. It works very well, but the side effects are horrible...forgetfulness, numbness, all around dopey feeling. I only get the tingling when I take the topamax. I've stopped taking it and all side effects have gone away.

I also went in because I have been very tired lately. All I want to do is sleep. I don't consider myself to be extremely out of shape, but lately going up a flight of stairs makes the muscles in my legs burn and then I'm exhausted for the next minute or so ?!? I've also had terrible pain in my knees and back. My knees are the worst when I'm sitting still. I have to bend them every 20 min. or so. They are great when I'm moving...except when squatting & trying to get back up and going DOWN stairs. I'm wondering if the joint pain is from lack of vit d, because I don't really have the pain in the summer when I'm out in the sun more. My PCP suggested that I go to a sports medicine doctor for my knees, but I haven't made it that far yet.

At the time, I also had a strep throat...maybe that could be why the white blood cell count is up a little?

Ok, I know I am babbling. Sorry for making this so long....but seriously, thank you for your insight and help. I greatly appreciate it. Sorry if I gave you too much info!
bh1980 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote