Thread: Pain!!!!
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 03:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Tongue

Hey Sim....welcome! Nice to see you around.
Yes, it kinda shocked me that he said that. They (he and his nurse) kept going on about pondering why I was feeling so bad. It was anything from stress from the holidays, to being depressed (of course I was I was upset because I hurt so darn bad!), to the weather. They tried to get me to take neurontin again, but I said no way because I gained 50 pounds on it and was on 1800 mgs a day that did nothing. He then asked if I had been on Cymbalta, I said yes and it didn't work out for me. I think to get me out of his hair, he gave me the medrol pak. Sad huh. But he is the only pain doc that will see me. Don't know what to do next if I choose to stop seeing him.
But like I said, I am having pain in my SI joint, which is causing the majority of my pain, and I think I need a doc that specializes in that area to take a look at me and see what is going on there.
UGH! Why is it when you feel the worst the doctors seem to become more of a hinderance than a help?

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must. -- Goethe

Diagnoses: FM, Sciatica, Rosacea, Piriformis Syndrome, SI joint disfunction, Joint Facet Syndrome L3-L5, Pinched Nerve (somewhere on the left side), Depression, Anxiety and Bipolar II

fiberowendy2000 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote