View Single Post
Old 04-08-2009, 09:17 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member

Usually when you're that bad, you shouldn't be driving! It's like driving drunk. No offense but it's dangerous. I won't drive when I'm that bad. I have gotten worse while I'm out running errands. I have things I do, like take an extra little dose of Mestinon, etc. but that's up to you and your neuro to work out.

If that does happen when you are out, turn on the air-conditioning in your car and put it on vent so it's blowing at your eyes/face. I think pulling over somewhere first for five minutes or so is a great idea!

When any muscle group decides not to work, you really have to keep an eye on all the others (like hands gripping the stearing wheel!). Sometimes muscles can get weak so slowly that you don't even notice it. It's more noticeable when they get weak quickly. When I had my crisis, I had been getting progressively weaker, slowly. When I went in to urgent care, the doctor said I couldn't even squeeze his fingers. I hadn't even noticed I had gotten that bad.

So if even one area of muscles are getting that bad, you need to put on the brakes (literally and figuratively) and do just what you did - rest or sleep!

Please be careful. And it may be worth a call to your neuro if you aren't doing better. I'm glad you made it home safely.

Annie

Last edited by AnnieB3; 04-08-2009 at 09:36 PM.
AnnieB3 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote