View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 04:33 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

My orthorpedic described my adsons test this way- no head turning was neccessary to get these results.

right side: 12/10 on a scale of 1-10 (pulse disappears instantaneously)
left side: 8/10 on same scale. (pulse disappears quickly)

Later the neurologist confirmed that description in his office, and when he did ultrasound investigations of the area my neurologist found that my circulation was completely cut off by the time my arm was level with my shoulder. He said normally the arms should have to be straight up in the air to see that.

What other tests did your neurologist do? I think a few of the doctors have very specialized tests. At UCLA they do a MRI/MRA with contrast, and someone mentioned a circular mri that they had done in colorado? I don't rememebr what the real name was. I am bad with vocabulary.

As for different doctors and treatmnets, I think the idea is the same in both cases- there is compression, you need to find a way to release it. It becomes a matter of whats being compressed- nerves, arteries, veins, or both...I think they are treated similarly- open up thoracic cavity to reduce compression. Different precautions can be required for nerve compression vs vascular compression.

I would be interested to hear how anyone elses adsons test went...I still don't have a very good feel for how bad mine is relative to others. I am pretty bummed to continue to feel worse, not better, even with various treatments.

Talk to you all soon
Johanna

PS, I am no medical professional...jsut an engineer who reads a lot. Don't take my ramblings any more seriously than that.
johannakat is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote