View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 01:56 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Which came first the chicken or the egg? I think this could be debated on and on. I think that some people, because of the nutritional deficiencies, may have these reactions to certain foods. So, yes sometimes it is a result of nutritional deficiencies or damage to the GI gut that causes these reactions to foods containing gluten. But, I think it may be possible that it doesn't always work this way in every case. Who really knows which came first?

But I guess the conclusion I would want to draw is that the best treatment approach would include all the issues that play a role. So if you make sure your immune system is healthy, that your nutritional status is at its best, and that you are striving to eat the right (diversified rotation diet, perhaps) diet to not contribute to any sensitivities or allergies, then you are dealing with all facets of this problem.

And it does seem to be the case that some people can introduce those offending foods when they have made those changes like improve nutritional status or healing the damaged GI tract. It can seem to go around in a circle if you really try to think about this stuff.

"I think sometimes the food sensitivity is primary and starts the cascade of events, and other times the food sensitivity is secondary... but in either case, the same complications may arise. Do you agree, Ortho, or do you have a different thought? "

EXACTLY! It may be they don't really understand completely the etiology of this problem. I think it is possible that the experts haven't researched this enough.
orthomolecular is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote