View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 12:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Thanks to all of you for your answers and support... I was injured at work-I am a Registered Nurse that works at Mary Bridge Children's Hospital, and I hurt my self sliding a patient up in bed (250lb 10 year old). My rsd is in my left side from shoulder to hand now spreading to the right side. I think the program tries to get you off all meds, and that they work with you everyday I would live in an apartment there. Part of the big problem is that I wear the pants in the family- and have 3 soon to be step children (17,14,10yrs). My mother is also in poor health and she may have cancer and a heart condition that is being looked into so being a nurse I go to all her appointments with her....I don't want to leave her. To top it off (stop me if I sound too pitiful)in the last year I have dealt with my aunt dying, uncle committing suicide, my finance's grandma died, month later his dad and now on January 2nd his step Dad died. I have been trying to be the emotional support for everyone on top of everything else. I think that is part of the reason my case manager wants me in this program so that I will "focus on myself." I am just not that kind of person. Yes I do my home programs, fit in relaxation techniques, and still try do do everything else I used to. I tried to go back to light duty 3 times...I want to work I just can't make my body understand that. Thank you all again so very much!!!!! Finding this site has kept me sane!
Jennelle is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote