View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 05:44 PM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member
Default ANA high due to IVIG?? Nah, can't be.

Does any one have any idea if IVIG would give you a high ANA? Mine is at 1:1280 (yes I know, that is high). It may be higher but they only titrate this high.

I don't think that IVIG infusion once per month would INCREASE my ANA. My thought was that this brings down inflammation. Once before I had a very high ANA elisa and it was while not on IVIG. I think they are utterly unrelated. Frankly, I think more IVIG is indicated to bring this down.

All my specific tests are STILL negative, except for that high CD4+ T helper cell test, and that makes sense. A high ANA means inflammation and T helpers are the inflammers. (Gosh wasn't there a band named that....no, wait, it was the Proclaimers. "I would walk 500 miles and I would walk 500 more.....) You can see this inflammation is having brain effects.

Well, any professorial dissertations on what is going on with my immune system would be welcome. (Yes, I realize it is insane).

Other than IVIG, I am trying to get by with just Vicodin, which isn't doing it....clonazepam because this is making me darn nervous these days. Occassionally I use erythromycin, and I mean occassionally to make my stomach move. I just started some naprosyn after I had the ANA because for some reason it makes my joints feel better, but I spit up like a baby on it.....I tried prilosec to stop that but I get nightmares....(yes, weird I know). Oh, I have that bowel stuff....Miralax, Benefiber....and I have Restasis. I do not think any thing I am ingesting or injecting or in any other manner sticking into myself would cause my ANA to be high. Call me crazy, but I think I am sick and have autoimmune disease.....'of some type'.

My fingernail has whittled its way almost totally off and I have this hard white scale where a nail once was and the joint is swollen and hurts...most of my joints really hurt.

I can not get any one to look me in the eye when I bring up my old case of Lyme. They squrim when I ask about sarc. Anyway.....IVIG causing high ANA??? Any thoughts?? (I doubt it does that, but I am open to opinions)
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote