View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 09:25 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Dear MrsD., I need to get a scanner!!! I'm still new to this computer stuff. I will send pics when I get one. Soon! Curly Willow roots very fast. When I cut it of trees, I keep it in a cool garage at work. This time of year, thats easy. It drys to quick when hot, then its not pliable. You see, I wrap smaller pieces into a ball and place in a vase before I add water, then arrange from there. Its a very now look, as is plastic colored ice chips, marbles, rocks. You can get those at any dollar store. Anyway, I throw the stumps into a bucket with water this time of year. This stuff roots very easily, like P. Willow also. Then when its nice enough, I stick it in the ground. Ive also just stuck it in without rooting and that worked too. Its nice when you have long pieces to cut a bunch and put into a large, tall vase in your house. You can even make a wreath out of it the same way you make a grapevine wreath, or swag. I just love it!! I just recently went to Niagara International Flower Show in Niagara Falls. They showcased a woman named Els Tennissen. She is originally from Holland. She did many designs made with supplies from Accent Decor. Beautiful and creative styles. Look this website up AccentDecor.com this is the kind of designs we make. TTYL PS Curly Willow is a regular size willow tree. You can keep it from getting large by pruning every year. Just plant it where you wont care if it does get big someday.
cindyd is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
mrsD (04-10-2009)