Thread: new and scared
View Single Post
Old 04-09-2009, 10:00 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Confused new and scared

Hi, I was just diagnosed yesterday with "mild" crds. I had torn a ligament in my hand at wk back in Dec. After 6 wks in a cast and the rest of this time in a splint, pain worse and spread to my whole hand from just my thumb. It feels like my hand is being ripped apart and it burns. This is mild?! Anyway, I have some swelling, a bit of color change (red w/white lacey pattern sometimes) sometimes it is colder than my other hand but not always. The pain is worse when I try to move or use it and it's constant. I can't think, concentrate, sleep, I am irritable etc. I bet my kids are ready to run away . I am in OT and it seems to help. This is under wc. Anyway, pain magmt doc gave me a creme for my hand and ultram but suggested nerve blocks w/therapy immediately after, especially if no improvement in function in the next 2 wks. (I am in OT 3 x's a wk). I was just so stunned. I am on an emotional roller coaster I couldn't even think of questions to ask. There were things I wanted to say but didn't.

The wc nurse case mgr says that if meds don't wk we'll do nerve blocks and that will cure it...is that true? I feel like I am losing my mind. The Ultram makes me tired and maybe takes the edge off the pain, not sure I should take it during the day as I need to drive. Nerve blocks terrify me.
stressedout is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-28-2009)