Thread: Gluten & PD
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 01:45 AM
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Wisest Elder Ever

15 yr Member
Lightbulb

The fructose thing is so painful...you'd know it if you had it.
So Ron, you may not be fructose intolerant.
If you can drink apple juice with NO side effects, I'd say you are home free. (this hint I figured out...since I have NEVER been able to drink apple juice). There are two kinds of people in this world...those who can drink apple juice all the time, and those who faint at the thought!

I'll try to find that paper about NSAIDs. It was published in a journal, and was not on PubMed if I recall. I had it at BT, and of course it was eaten up in that crash!

The explanation is that Cox-2 cytokines are protective in the GI tract so that nasty things are not absorbed. Not all Cox-2 cytokines are bad... prostacyclin that is made in the kidneys is also protective of heart attacks and vasoconstriction.

Another thing that will cause terrible gas, is using strong acid blocking drugs every day. (for GERD). This prevents protein from being digested, broken down properly, and then bacteria ferment it causing GAS.

I have also been forced to use Beano for all Broccoli and salads,and beans now. That helps too.

I'll get back if I can find that paper.

Weezie looking at petunias 8.25.2017

These forums are for mutual support and information sharing only. The forums are not a substitute for medical advice, diagnosis or treatment provided by a qualified health care provider. Always consult your doctor before trying anything you read here.
mrsD is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote