View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 04:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Question Question about multivitamin, Vitamin D, magnesium, etc help!

Hey there
I am 40 and I want to get the right supplementation going on in regard to vitamins. In regard to my heath, I have Pudendal Neuralgia ( nerve pain in the vaginal/pelvic area), and now FHL Tendonitis( maybe tendinosis at this point). My PN is doing better due to physical therapy and I have been going to PT for the FHL tendonitis for about 5 weeks, DR said 6 -7 months. It is a tendon that goes from your calf to the side of your ankles and then down your foot to the big toe. Hurts to walk long periods, unless I take nsaids or opiods. I have it in both feet. :-(
I had some bloodwork done, and next week will be getting all B levels checked and magnesium. Is there a good multi that I can get to get good , effective levels? I remembered I had one from target that was crap, was like 17% of daily calcium levels.. I only ask as I already take enough drugs for the nerve and tendons, do I need to supplement with all seperately? Is there a good B vitamin complex supplement? I will report back with the levels of B later when I get results. Now, I know I have to take ferritin and am questioning Vitamin D.
My lab levels are 26, and it is not extremely low but DR wants me on 50,000 IU once a week for a month. i am wavering. It could explain why my tendonitis pain is lingering ( or perhaps it isnt lingering due to foot and ankle spec saying 6 months), but I do have pain if I press in on my lower legs ( I know dont press in !). makes me think about the D though and bones. I dont know if I should take 1,000 IU a day of the D or go with Dr's plan. I hate when they just give you the results and then a prescription and say that dosage is the "norm" for anyone low. No other explanation. Not like I have a level of 4 or something. WHat would you do? And if someone could answer me about the multivitamin or if I would have to supplement sepretely with magnesium, B vitamins, d, c .... just trying to minimize the pills. and what are good levels for those?
Thank you jess
jess18 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote