View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 05:35 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi all,

"But how does the current system change?? Anything run on money and ego is not easy to change. The "me first" attitude is also a problem in the current system.

Can the attitude of "word together" and he believes in truly happen?

Carolyn""

I have been thinking about Linda's post and carolyn's questions a lot, obviously have no answers, more questions for sure and a few examples of rays of hope. All these thoughts, its 2am, cannot sleep, so let me change this world........... Pl bear with me!! no havenot contacted Dr. Edwards yet.

An ideal and dream come to true scene from a scientist and a patient's point of view is what Edwards talks about. We are nowhere close to it, but I think there is hope. While I agree with Perry's analysis of capitalism, I am not sure ">........it is still way better than the alternative of social value as a motivator........" that social value is not a viable option.

How can we change the system? The system is ready to be changed, people of this forum are changing the system, people who got disgusted with CEOs getting huge bonuses aare changing the system.......
If we look around the world, there are NGOs working with no expectations of money......I can not give any statistics offhand but I see dedicated peoople working with AIDS patients, I know of a pharma in India prducing AZT or equivalent of it for a fraction of cost of what US pharma sells for,
Another example of a unique business that benefits the people is OneWorld health ib bay area that focuses on diseases none care about.

all these non-capitalistic models are surviving or thriving because of a small groups of people who deeply care and value life. Their success will indicate that money and ego boost are not the only rewards that work. Social values are their motivators...........

these are my thoughts at 3am! may be I am dreaming of a world free of Not even sure if this type of ramblings belong here! good night! I am posting it anyway!

girija
girija is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote