View Single Post
Old 09-11-2006, 01:59 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Rachel,

Magnesium, as well as calcium, is supposed to help with muscle and joint pain. Racing/irregular heartbeat can also be caused by low magnesium. If you've been supplementing with calcium, but not magnesium, the two may be out of balance.

From a book called "Understanding Vitamins and Minerals":

Quote:
Scientists subjected 6 groups of rats to "noise stress" for 3 months. The stress robbed their bodies of magnesium - and the louder the noise, the greater the decrease in magnesium levels. In tests on people (who had to listen to loud traffice noise for 8 hours), results were the same. That means if you live or work where it's noisy, chances are you need extra magnesium.
They also go on to say they suspect that any type of stress will lower magnesium levels.

This seems like a pretty good site http://www.healthatoz.com/healthatoz..._imbalance.jsp

As for a basic B12 test, doesn't that measure just what's in the blood, and not what's in the muscles where it's needed? If so, couldn't the blood level be high, but other areas be low? Where's Rose?

I know if I stop my B12 for more than 2 weeks, I get my shooting pain back - it's like someone just jammed a nail right through my foot and in the back of my knee, and it does it every few seconds for about 10 minutes straight, off and on throughout the day. I've never had my levels tested, I just know I need it.

myst

Last edited by myst; 09-11-2006 at 02:01 PM.
myst is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote