Thread: new and scared
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 09:02 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Stessedout, Mine also started from a hand injury that is 18 years old. The doctors believe now that I had CRPS all this time & that a torn ligament & carpal tunnel surgery caused it to spread. You are very lucky to have been diagnosed so quickly. Even after the carpal tunnel surgery it took me a year to get a correct diagnosis. Making a chance at a remission almost impossible. My carpal tunnel surgery was three years ago this month. The people here are good people & have been in your shoes. Get a good pain management doctor & dive into therapy. Its your best chance at remission because as others have said there is no cure. Your hand sounds like mine & it doesnt sound mild. It sounds painful. This morning my hand is swollen & my fingers are ice cold. I dont have color changes this morning but I do have them. From what yours looks like to a purple color. I lived with that pain just in my hand for years without any doctors ever paying any attention to it. It wasnt until after the surgery three years ago when the pain was up my arm in my neck & shoulder that someone started to pay attention to what I was saying. I am so glad that didnt happen to you. Take care of yourself & we are here if you need us. Good luck.
Hugs, Denny
dennyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Dew58 (04-28-2009), loretta (04-17-2009)