View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 09:16 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennelle View Post
My case manager wants me to enter into a pain management program that is an hour away from my home (a drive i can't do myself). It would include a physiatrist, psychologist, anathesologist, ot, pt, and vocational person.... anyone done one of these before? Is it worth leaving my family and having to live there for 4 weeks? I want to cry thinking about leaving home and having to be poked at even more than before.... plus I just talked to the program administrator and he was flabbergasted that my doctor has me on morphine for the pain....should I not be? What do you all take???? Please contact me personally or add on if you have any answers!
Jennelle
Jennelle, My Pm had discussed this option with me but the programs are across the country & not really an option. I also dont really agree with the philosophy. As to your other question I am also on morphine. I take MS contin in the extended relief & dilaudid for breakthrough. So you are not alone. I also use Topomax instead of lyrica or neurontin. Tried the other two but didnt work as well for me. You have had a really tough time lately & I can understand not wanting to leave your family right now. Its a tough choice to make. You may need to put yourself first for a bit though. There is nothing wrong with that. But with your Mom sick I can see not wanting to do that. I hope you can figure out what is best for you.
Hugs, Denny
dennyfan is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
Jennelle (04-13-2009)