View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 09:43 AM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

I'm sorry that you got laid off from your job!
Do you have any insurance now?
IMHO, a specially trained chiropractor might be able to do the same thing as the decompression machines.
DH has considered this treatment...if back pain worsens.

As I mentioned in my other posts (sorry for the repeat), I"m just very excited about it... the improvement (knock on wood) my hubby has gotten lately with his back pain...
He has done these things...

1. Drinks one glass of white wine each night
2. Walks 20 minutes every morning early in the morning...outside (5 days a week).
3. Drinks a little coffee in the morning (always did that), but now drinks a a cup of coffee in the mid afternoon as well.
4. If he has even a little discomcort in the afternoon, he takes a Naproxen.
5. He takes a NeuroOptimizer tablet and B12 tablet before bed. He takes 2000 methyl.type of B12. You can get these things at the health food store.
5. He's going to bed about 30 minutes earlier than he use to.

For moderate pain he takes Naproxen (prescription strength) and for deeper pain he uses the salonpas patch (OTC). However, he hasn't had to use the patch recently and he is using the Naproxen less and less.

DH is convinced that his night time WINE is helping as well as his two cups of coffee during the day...particularly the one in the afternoon. It is also obvious to me that he does better when he walks....

In addition to the treatments you are getting...perhaps...
you might consider regular walking and take a look at the other things on the list. They are inexpensive...but have HELPED. It took patience and faith.
There are many books at the library about back pain...many interesting theories. Probably...a combination of factors involved.

Wishing you well.
Vowel Lady is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote
"Thanks for this!" says:
(Broken Wings) (04-13-2009), Bobbi (01-11-2010), jenniferowens (04-11-2009)