View Single Post
Old 12-13-2006, 06:45 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member

Hi Ellie~
First of all--you're not intruding--jeepers, this forum is for everyone honey--glad you're here!!

Second--I'm just boiling here.

Your MIL is a doctor and she doesn't know that the only safe way to lose weight is about 2 pounds a week? UNREAL!!! I'm sorry Ellie, maybe confronting her isn't an option for you, but can I have a shot at her?? SORRY!! kinda

As a doctor she knows this, and as a MIL, why does she think this is any of her business? I'm not gonna get on the soapbox, cuz that's not what this is about, but, man, could I have fun with this one.....

You're sure between a rock and a hard place where cooking at home is concerned honey. Man, I'm gonna hafta put my thinking cap on for that one. Nothing comes to mind right away, other than making a regular meal for you and your kid(s) and substitute more veggies instead of gravy or low cal salad dressing for hubby. You could add more butter and sugar etc. at the table to your food to help you gain, or you have real ice cream and he could have sherbert. Wow, that's a lot of extra planning and work sweetie!

There are a lot of smart gals here. I bet if they all think about it they can come up with some good ideas and tips for you.

As for the safety of the diet, I'm definitely no expert, but we all know a well balanced diet is the only safe diet. If this so called "Mayo" diet doesn't look balanced, then I would say it wouldn't be good.

I go to Mayo tomorrow. I will ask my docs if they have heard of such a diet. They aren't in that department, but it diesn't hurt to ask. Have you checked their website to look if it's legit? I'll check later--I hafta go eat now--because of bloodwork.

I'm glad you posted and hope you get some good ideas. Hang in there honey--you are not wrong on this deal--your MIL is!
Hugs,
LS--(Little Sister) Nancy is older than me