View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 11:42 AM
Magnate

15 yr Member
Magnate

15 yr Member

thanks for the info.

I have a rheum. He is the one who found the high ANA...he said it could be higher, but they only dilute to 1,280. I have had 3 high ANAs, but nothing else is + except that my T cell count the CD4+ are high, as are lymphocytes. My biopsies that they have from all over do not look good.
+ Neuropathy, +myopathy, + for lymphocytic infiltration of minor salivary glands, + for Lyme back in 1994....now only Igenex is +, and docs won't accept that here. Lungs have reticular changes in the apices but pulmonologist thinks that is nothing, but she knows nothing of my other history....she is just looking at that piece of me. Lots of torn ligaments, bone issues, RLS, gastroparesis and esophageal problems, constipation, really sore rib cage, spinal pain, arthritis and arthropathies all over....oh it is such a bore. I don't even want to mention more. It is obviously some T helper cell over reaction which is likely autoimmune, but, it would be nice to not be sitting in that group of thousands that don't fit in the 'known' diseases with seropositivity. It is frustrating for the people and there are a lot of them who have this 'undifferentiated connective tissue disease'. Oh well, thanks for bearing with the rant. In a few weeks, the nail will be diagnosed....it has only been a year!!

They checked me out pretty well, so I think the high ANA is just that, and has nothing to do with IVIG. I saw a heme, and man, he drained me dry, and he got me to the pulm and the rheum. I have a regular neuro whom I like.

With my high immune stimulation, I would think that yeast is not too likely. Several derms looked at it. Had solutions like stick dental floss under the nail. Well, now the nail is gone. There is about a quarter inch left. I cut off the rest. Under that part of the nail is white, dry hard stuff. I see the same derm again in early May (the floss one). They will biopsy at that time....and I have a list of what I want looked at. Yes the joint is involved or at least the pressure from the nail thing is pushing on the joint.

I was just wondering if any one on IVIG ever heard of it boosting your ANA. I would assume it is just a coincidence, and that one has nothing to do with the other, and this is a random high ANA, which just backs up the fact that this is autoimmune.

Thanks.
cyclelops is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote