View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 12:06 PM
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Grand Magnate

15 yr Member
Default Use it

all the time. But, only a little and never with heat. Personally, I cannot stand it on my feet. They are very sensitive. But it's great for my lower back and my calves sometimes. I use it on my back for muscle cramps or sore back. My back doesn't burn. My feet get crampy and I soak them in Epsom Salt and very lukewarm water.

Do not use a lot of it or all over and never with a heating pad at the same time. Perhaps you know this. And not more than four times a day I believe it says.

Also, I am surprised that you could buy it at the local drug store. The company always says that they do not let places sell Biofreeze except for sports stores, chiropractors, etc. And it is true here. You can't even buy it on-line like you used to be able to.

I've used it for years and never had to pay that much for it.

Lately, I've gotten it on a website. Good price too; about what you paid for it. I have to pay a bit more for it at the chiropractor so I'm not buying it there anymore as long as I can get it cheaper. I prefer the gel. WalMart has a product called FreezeIt which appears to be similiar but not the same. I think Target had that at one time also. But, I want the real thing.

From the site: "Ilex (Ilex paraguariensis) is part of the holly family of plants and grows in South America. The Paraguay Indians call it Yerba Mate and have used Ilex extract for centuries to enhance the effects of their balms. Ilex contains many wonderful compounds, similar to Green Tea, that provide antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins, and saponins." Biofreeze.com

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"It is what it is."

Last edited by Kitt; 04-10-2009 at 03:52 PM.
Kitt is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote