View Single Post
Old 04-10-2009, 02:35 PM

15 yr Member

15 yr Member
Ooo Long Distance Travel Question per RSD

My sister, who lives in Arizona, called me yesterday and told me that she will have surgery for cancerous cysts on the tail of her pancreas, at the end of April '09. Hubby and I decided, we are going to be with my big Sis, and her family when she has to endure this surgery.

Do you have any suggestions on how I can make this long drive more pleasant/acceptable,..acceptable pain levels? My hubby WILL NOT fly.

There is no way that RSD will stop me from being with my sister, when she needs me during this difficult time for her and the family.

I knew something was wrong when she visited me about a month ago.We had not seen each other for 17 yrs. before her visit to me, our Moma's funeral. We had chatted alot on the phone those 17 yrs.

I encouraged her to see the doctor; her coloring was so off, I saw some yellowing in the whites of her eyes.. and she was having pain that radiated from her upper left side of her tummy area to her back. She said that she was just tired from her business meetings and travel. We really had so much fun being together. She was worried about me and the RSD.

The diagnosis of my sister having pancreatic cancer is overwhelming and I am still processing the chat with her from yesterday. She was afraid to tell me as she didn't want me to go into a pain flare from the stress of knowing what she was going through. She gets this diagnosis and she is worried about me..sighs. I am staying positive and We decided that everything will be ok.

Thanks,
Dew

A Positive Attitude Will Assist Me Toward An Active Life, Once Again

WC Injury 03/24/07;Two Right Knee Surgeries on 5/22/07 and 01/16/08. Surgeons and Physical Therapists ignored my concerns of burning pain, swelling, and no improvement and getting worse. Diagnosed RSD/CRPS I/Sympathetically Mediated Pain Syndrome/Chronic Pain on 06/2008 by family doc;on 08/2008 and 12/2008 diagnosis confirmed by two WC PM Doctors: Both legs;hips; hands; and spine effected by this culprit. SSDI granted 01/2009.
Dew58 is offline   Reply With QuoteReply With Quote